STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT THROUGH NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION HEADS’ COMMUNICATION
- Public engagement,
- communication approaches,
- Neighborhood Association Heads
How to Cite
This study aims to promote community engagement through government communication from RT heads. Some RT leaders seek to enhance community engagement, while others fail to carry out their duties. To provide critical-descriptive analysis, data was collected using qualitative methods such as observation, interviews, and documentation procedures. As a result, the government's communication strategy of combining face-to-face contact, exemplary communication by RT heads, and dialogic communication that positions RT inhabitants as RT partners was successful in boosting residents' support for PMI and Bazis fundraising targets. It was determined that the RT heads' communication and leadership were significant factors in developing community support and engagement.
- Andrade, Jose Gabriel, Ivone Ferreira, Ana Raposo, Sara Balonas (2021), Improving Public Participation through Strategic Communication, European Communication Research and Education Association, 9 june 2021. https://www.ecrea.eu/event-4370167
- Anisa Rahma Farida (2014), Kepemimpinan Demokratis Ketua Rukun Tetangga (Rt) Dan Partisipasi Masyarakat Dalam Program Biopori (Survei Di Kelurahan Kadipiro Kota Surakarta), Universitas Sebelah Maret, Surakarta.
- Arnstein, Sherry R. (1969), A Ladder of Citizen Participation. Journal of the American Planning Association, Vol. 35, No. 4, July 1969, pp. 216-224.
- Ben-Eliyahu, Adar, Debra Moore, Rena Dorph, Christian D. Schunn (2018), Investigating the Multidimensionality of Engagement: Affective, Behavioral, and Cognitive Engagement Across Science Activities and Contexts, Multi Dimensionality of Engagement in Learning.
- Chompunth, B. S., Mulyasari , C. K., & Laishram , K. S. (2022). Public Participation and Performance of Government Projects in Thailand. Journal of Public Policy & Governance, 6(2), 1 - 11. https://doi.org/10.53819/81018102t5095
- CommGAP (2009), The Contribution of Government Communication Capacity to Achieving Good Governance Outcomes, Institute for Public Diplomacy and Global Communication: Washington.
- Dokubo, C., Elemuwa, Cyril Chile (2021), Impact of Citizenship Participation on Community Development Projects in Ikwerre and Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers, International Journal of Innovative Psychology & Social Development 9 (4):62-76, Oct.-Dec., 2021.
- Duffett, Rodney (2020), The YouTube Marketing Communication Effect on Cognitive, Affective and Behavioural Attitudes among Generation Z Consumers, Sustainability 2020, 12(12), 5075; https://doi.org/10.3390/su12125075
- Dwivedi, Rajeev (2021), Role of Stakeholders in Project Success: Theoretical Background and Approach, ResearchGate, International Journal of Finance, Insurance and Risk Management, Volume XI, Issue 1, 2021, pp. 38-49.
- Ely Nor Ekawati (2012), Legitimasi Politik Pemerintah Desa: Studi Pengunduran Diri Kepala Desa di Desa Cindai Alus Kecamatan Martapura Kabupaten Banjar, Jurnal Ilmu Politik dan Pemerintahan Lokal, Volume I Edisi 2, Juli-Desember 2012
- Enyioko, Newman (2021), Effect of Leadership Communication on Organisational Behaviour (April 6, 2021), SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3820943 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3820943
- EPA (2022), Public Participation Guide, US Environmental Protection Agency: Washington.
- Firdaus, Yuni Dharta (2012), Komunikasi Tuan Guru dalam Pendidikan: Studi Interaksi Simbolis Tindakan Komunikasi Tuan Guru di Pulau Lombok, Provinsi Nusa Tenggara Barat, Disertasi, Unpad.
- Holdar, Gina Gilbreath., Olha Zakharchenko. 2002. Citizen Participation Handbook: People’ Voice Project, , Internation Centre for Policy Studies.Kiyv, Ukraine: iMedia, Ltd.
- Hyland-Wood, Bernadette, John Gardner, Julie Leask, Ulrich K.H. Ecker, 2021, Toward effective government communication strategies in the era of COVID-19, Humanities and Social Sciences Communications, volume 8, Article number: 30 (2021)
- Innes, Judith E dan David E. Booher (2004), Reframing Public Participation: Strategies for the 21st Century in Planning Theory & Practice, Volume 5, No. 4, pp. 419–436 December 2004. Institute of Urban and Regional Development, University of California at Berkeley
- Isnaini (2017), Analisis Kinerja Rukun Tetangga (RT) di Kelurahan Jayamukti Kota Dumai, Vol. III Nomor 2 Oktober 2017.
- Johnson, Donald J. (2001), Citizens as Partners: Information, Consultation, and Public Participation in Policy Making. Paris: Organization for Economic Corporation and Development.
- Kapur, Radhika (2020), Communication Skills for Workplace Success, ResearchGate, November 2020.
- Moleong, Lexy J. (2017), Metode Penelitian Kualitatif, Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Morris, Nancy (2000). “Bridging the Gap: An Examination of Diffusion and Participatory Approaches in Development Communication.” CHANGE project/USAID: Washington, DC. (http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNACQ017.pdf. Last accessed April 25, 2023.)
- Vellyati, Naila, Sarwititi Sarwoprasodjo, Cahyo Tri Wibowo (2016), Efektitivitas Komunitasi Kepemimpinan Transformasional Ketua RT terhadap Partisipasi Warga di Kabupaten Bogor, Juli 2016 Vol 14, No 2 79 .
- OECD (2020), Transparency, communication and trust: The role of public communication in responding to the wave of disinformation about the new Coronavirus, OECD Policy Responses to Covid-19, 3 July 2020.
- OECD/KDI (2018), Understanding the Drivers of Trust in Government Institutions in Korea, Building Trust in Public Institutions, OECD Publishing, Paris, https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264308992-en.
- Rizvi, Irfan A., Sapna Popli (2021), Revisiting Leadership Communication: A Need for Conversation, Sage Journals, December 14, 2021.
- Tsuey-Ping, Lee & Tung-Wen, Milan Sun (2018), Public Participation, Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance, pp 5171-5181, 01 January 2018.
- USAID (2010), Communication, Participation and Social Change, Communication for Change, Through Our Eyes, September 2010.
- Wouters, M., N.Hardie-Boys, C. Wilson (2011). Evaluating public input in national park management plan reviews: Facilitators and barriers to meaningful participation in statutory processes, January 2011.
- Yosef, Dema (2018), Komunikasi Mosaboa Lakiola dalam Penyelesaian Konflik Etnis di Desa Denatana Kec. Riung Kab Ngada Flores, Jurnal Komunikasi dan Bisnis, Vol. 6 No. 2 November 2018.