THE INFLUENCE OF LEADERSHIP, COMMUNICATION, AND SPIRITUALITY ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE: CASE STUDY AT SKG INDONESIA KARATE SCHOOL
How to Cite
The purpose of this study is to analyze the influence of leadership, communication, and spirituality variables on organizational performance. This study uses a qualitative approach by conducting in-depth interviews with five respondents. The five respondents are active karate practitioners who hold a black belt. The results of this study prove that the variables of leadership, communication, and spirituality have a significant influence on organizational performance. The role of the communication variable as a common moderator of the relationship between leadership and spirituality variables on performance and the spirituality variable as a partial moderator of the relationship between communication and leadership variables on performance.
- Abu-Tayeh, A., & Abu-Tayeh, A. (2018). Factors affecting employee performance in Jordanian manufacturing companies: An empirical study. Management Science Letters, 8(9), 905-916. doi: 10.5267/j.msl.2018.6.001.
- Al-Adwan, H. S., Abu-Hilal, M., & Alhajjaj, T. (2021). The relationship between human resource practices, work engagement, and employee performance: Evidence from the banking sector in Jordan. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 32(3), 639-658. doi: 10.1080/09585192.2020.1848637.
- Alavian, S. M. H., Asgari, R., & Bahrami, H. (2020). The Effect of Transformational Leadership on Organizational Performance: The Mediating Role of Organizational Culture. International Journal of Organizational Leadership, 9(1), 23-38.
- Alshehhi, A. H., Al-Maamari, H. A., & Al-Shihi, H. (2021). The Impact of Transformational Leadership on Organizational Performance: A Study of SMEs in the United Arab Emirates. Journal of Small Business Management, 59(3), 484-501.
- Al-Swidi, A. K., Yahya, S., & Al-Khaleesi, H. A. (2020). Transformational Leadership and Employee Creativity: Moderating Role of Openness to Experience. Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, 6(4), 138.
- Arora, N., & Jain, V. (2021). The Influence of Spirituality on Work Performance: A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Business Research, 130, 514-527.
- Bogdan, R. C., & Biklen, S. K. (2007). Qualitative research for education: An introduction to theory and methods. Pearson.
- Daramola, D. O., Adeniji, A. A., & Akinlabi, B. H. (2021). The Impact of Spirituality on Employees’ Performance: A Study of Selected Organizations in Nigeria. Global Business Review, 22(1), 25-44.
- Diah, K. (2021). The influence of emotional intelligence and communication competence on the performance of employees. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1819(1), 012137.
- Djagbey, A. Y., & Abu-Hilal, M. (2020). Factors Influencing Employee Performance: The Role of Organization's Culture and Job Satisfaction. Journal of Management and Strategy, 11(3), 56-68. doi: 10.5430/jms.v11n3p56.
- El Safty, A. A., & Elkholy, H. M. (2016). The Influence of Leadership Styles on Organizational Performance: A Comparative Study between Public and Private Organizations. Journal of Management and Strategy, 7(2), 23-36.
- Emmons, R. A., & Paloutzian, R. F. (Eds.). (2013). The Oxford handbook of the psychology of religion and spirituality. Oxford University Press.
- Fauzi, A., Sundari, S., & Noviaristanti, S. (2021). The Influence of Spirituality on Employee Performance: The Moderating Role of Job Satisfaction. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 15(8), 31-43.
- Fitri, N. N., Kurniawati, Y., & Fatimah. (2020). The Influence of Transparent Communication and Employee Participation on Firm Performance: The Mediating Role of Employee Participation. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 12(10), 430-442.
- Goyal, N., & Kaushik, A. K. (2021). Spirituality and Employee Performance: A Study of Indian IT Industry. South Asian Journal of Management, 28(2), 84-106.
- Gunawan, J., & Rahmat, B. (2021). The Effect of Ethical Leadership on Employee Performance: The Mediating Role of Organizational Culture and Organizational Commitment. Journal of Economics, Business, and Accountancy Ventura, 24(1), 1-14. doi: 10.14414/jebav.v24i1.2835
- Han, J., & Wang, J. (2021). Authentic Leadership and Organizational Performance: A Meta-Analytic Review. Journal of Business Ethics, 168(1), 37-55.
- Hendratmoko, & Mutiarawati, E. V. (2022). THE EFFECT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION AND RELIGIOCITY ON CUSTOMER LOYALTY: CASE STUDY IN DOJO 37. Jurnal Komunikasi Dan Bisnis, 10(2), 180–191. https://doi.org/10.46806/jkb.v10i2.908
- Hill, P. C., & Pargament, K. I. (2008). Handbook of the psychology of religion and spirituality. Guilford Press.
- Iqbal, S., Nawaz, M. M., & Suleman, Q. (2019). The Impact of Leadership Style on Organizational Performance: A Study of Private Schools in Pakistan. Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 16(2), 14-28.
- Joo, B. K., & Park, K. J. (2020). The Effects of Workplace Spirituality on Job Satisfaction: Mediating Role of Work Meaningfulness and Moderating Role of Servant Leadership. Sustainability, 12(15), 6262.
- Judiawati, A. S., Salamah, U., Sari, I. P., & Sopiah. (2021). The influence of spiritual intelligence, spiritual quotient and spiritual commitment on the performance of Islamic banking. Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, 12(1), 203-221.
- Karami, K., Namayandeh, S. M., & Farahani, S. F. (2022). The mediating role of empowerment in the relationship between job demands and job performance among nurses. Journal of Nursing Management, 30(1), 195-203. doi: 10.1111/jonm.13314.
- Kethineni, S., & Rao, K. B. (2021). Spiritual Leadership, Work Engagement, and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Indian Public and Private Sector Organizations. Journal of Business Ethics, 168(2), 355-373.
- Khan, M. S. N., Islam, M. A., & Islam, M. R. (2019). The Relationship Between Employee Motivation and Job Performance: A Study of Retail Industry Employees in Bangladesh. Journal of Business and Retail Management Research, 13(2), 1-11. doi: 10.24052/JBRMR/V13IS02/ART-01.
- Liu, J., Li, M., Chen, H., & Li, C. (2021). The Impact of Ethical Leadership on Organizational Performance: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Business Ethics, 168(3), 489-509.
- Madhani, P. M., Singh, P., & Kumar, V. (2021). Leadership Styles and Organizational Performance: The Mediating Role of Employee Engagement. Journal of Business Research, 136, 463-472.
- Marshall, C., & Rossman, G. B. (2014). Designing qualitative research. Sage publications.
- Mkhize, T. M., & Meyer, D. (2021). Communication and employee performance: The moderating role of employee engagement. Journal of Business Research, 136, 406-417.
- Mutiara, A. R., & Purwanto, A. (2021). Exploring communication strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques, 9(2), 1169-1175.
- Nguyen, T., Chen, T.-Y., & Lin, Y.-Y. (2020). The impact of transparent communication on employee satisfaction and organizational trust: A study in Vietnam. Journal of Business Research, 112, 309-317. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.11.042.
- Ni, J., & Jiang, B. (2021). The relationship between communication and organizational performance: A review of the literature and empirical evidence. Frontiers in Psychology, 12, 670582.
- Oktarina, E., & Sari, R. P. (2021). Communication analysis in virtual learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1795(1), 012095.
- Osamwonyi, I. O., & Oyebisi, T. O. (2021). The impact of communication on organizational performance: A study of the Nigerian banking industry. Heliyon, 7(4), e06705.
- Patton, M. Q. (2015). Qualitative research & evaluation methods: Integrating theory and practice. Sage publications.
- Puchalski, C. M. (2014). Spirituality and health: The art of compassionate medicine. Oxford University Press
- Rajabi, M., Tahriri, F., & Soleymani, S. (2021). The impact of communication and knowledge sharing on organizational performance: Evidence from Iranian SMEs. Journal of Business Research, 136, 491-501.
- Shahzad, A., Majeed, S., Gulzar, M. A., & Ghaffar, A. (2021). The Influence of Spiritual Leadership on Employee Performance: Mediating Role of Psychological Capital. Journal of Management Development, 40(2), 223-236.
- Shaukat, M., & Shaukat, S. (2021). Impact of organizational communication on organizational performance: A study of public and private universities in Pakistan. Journal of Public Affairs, e2752.
- Underwood, L. G., & Teresi, J. A. (2002). The daily spiritual experience scale: Development, theoretical description, reliability, exploratory factor analysis, and preliminary construct validity using health-related data. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 24(1), 22-33.
- Zhang, H., Cai, Y., & Wang, X. (2019). The effect of transparent communication and trust on individual and team performance: A social exchange perspective. Journal of Business Research, 103, 380-389. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.06.007.